Friday 10 January 2014

Christmas, I Choose You!


Okay, so first things first, I understand I've been gone for all of December, but soon you'll see why. As part of the whole Christmas present giving scheme, I decided to make my best friend her present, mostly because I thought it would be nice, but also because I am pretty skint.
Now, said friend is a huge fan of pokemon, so I decided to make something themed along that. When asked, her favorites are either Umbreon, Suicune, or Celebi. I wasn't sure what media to use, but after a short summary of my talents, and the discovery of wonderful craft style called amigurumi, I remembered that once I had been a dab hand at crochet.
I found a pattern for an Umbreon by Wolfdreamer that was simple and easy to follow- you can find it here (http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/umbreon-plushie.html)- and, whilst it took a few times to get the hand of magic circles, and the crochet jargon, at the end of it I had a decent little plushie to give to my friend.
Needless to say, she loved it, and I was quiet pleased with myself.
Around midway through, having done all but three legs, an ear and a tail.

Finished product!

And yes, he's sat on my keyboard stool.

Looks a bit drunk here, but oh well. 
Signing off!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment