Saturday 3 August 2013

An Avian Interlude


Ok, so whilst I gather the courage to brave the waters of A Chibi A Day again, here's a little photography to tide you little monsters over for a while.
These were all taken at Hardwick Park, with the help of a group called Going Digital, which take you out there, arrange the birds, and basically guide you through taking some kickass photos.
I'd recently received a new camera, a Canon EOS 500D, and I was nervous, since this was my first time shooting with an SLR, rather than a compact. The differences are amazing.
SLRs beat compacts hands down. No competition.
So, in no specific order, I have a photo for each of the birds we had with us at Hardwick.
Tawny Owl aka Mr Big Eyes

A Barn Owl Close Up

A Harris Hawk, with a 'Whiplash' to its tie. 

A Kestrel with a blacked out background.

A (molting) Buzzard, with wings swept down. 
So, let me know what you think? Are they in focus, are they in shot, are the backgrounds too distracting?
As always, leave a comment, and I'll be sure to read it!
Signing off

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment